Quick Search - Results
End of Quick search
9462 Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workersWorkers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing or for packaging for wholesale distribution. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
- beef boner
- ham cutter
- industrial butcher
- industrial meat cutter
- meat trimmer
- poultry preparer
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- May slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
Industrial meat cutters
- Cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
- Remove bones from meat
- Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- Slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts
- Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- For industrial meat cutters, completion of a program in industrial meat cutting
or experience as an industrial butcher is required.
- On-the-job training is provided for industrial butchers, meat cutters and poultry preparers.
- Industrial meat cutters may progress to inspecting, testing and grading jobs.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.