Quick Search - Results
End of Quick search
0213 Computer and information systems managersComputer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- computer systems manager
- data centre manager
- data processing and systems analysis manager
- data processing director
- electronic data processing (EDP) manager
- information systems manager
- management information system (MIS) manager
- software development manager
- software engineering manager
- systems development manager
Computer and information systems managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems development and operations
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.
- Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.