9531 Boat assemblers and inspectors
End of Quick search
Lead statementBoat assemblers assemble wooden, fibreglass and metal boats, such as sailboats, motorboats, canoes and cabin cruisers. Boat inspectors check assembled boats to ensure proper product quality. They are employed by boat and marine craft manufacturing companies.
- aluminum boat assembler
- boat assembler
- boat inspector
- canoe assembler
- fibreglass boat assembler
- motorboat assembler
- sailboat assembler
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Cut, shape and join timber pieces or assemble pre-cut timber pieces to make a wooden boat using hand and power tools
- Assemble prefabricated parts and sections of fibreglass, metal or other material to form complete boat
- Caulk decks and hulls using caulking gun
- Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories using hand tools
- May repair boats.
- Inspect assembled boats for defects and conformance to quality standards
- Mark defects to be repaired
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- Completion of college or other courses in boat building may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Experience as a helper or labourer in the same company may be required for boat assemblers.
- Experience as a boat assembler may be required for boat inspectors.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.