9222 Supervisors, electronics manufacturing
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, test, repair and inspect electronic parts, components and systems. They are employed in electronics manufacturing plants.
- assembly and testing supervisor – electronic equipment manufacturing
- communications equipment assembly supervisor – electronic equipment manufacturing
- electronic assembly foreman/woman
- final assembly and testing foreman/woman – electronic equipment manufacturing
- printed circuit board (PCB) fabrication foreman/woman – electronic equipment manufacturing
- production supervisor – electronics manufacturing
- systems test foreman/woman – electronic equipment manufacturing
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, inspect and test electronic and electromechanical assemblies, subassemblies, parts and components
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies and recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure safety rules and regulations are followed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related helpers and labourers.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Several years of experience as an electronics assembler, fabricator, inspector or tester are usually required.
- Post-secondary education in electronics or a related discipline is required.