8612 Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers
End of Quick search
Lead statementLandscaping and grounds maintenance labourers perform work to assist in the construction of landscapes and related structures, and to maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, landscaped interiors and other landscaped areas. They are employed by landscaping and lawn care companies, golf courses, cemeteries, and landscaping operations of public works departments and private establishments.
- bulb planter – landscaping
- cemetery labourer
- gardening helper
- golf course worker
- grass cutter
- grounds maintenance worker
- landscape labourer
- park maintenance labourer
- park maintenance worker
- sod layer
- transplanter – landscape maintenance
Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Spread top soil, lay sod, plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees and perform other duties to assist with the construction of a landscape and related structures
- Cut grass, rake, aerate, dethatch, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor
- Maintain lawns and grass along roadsides
- Operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws, snowblowers and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Spray and dust trees, shrubs, lawns and gardens, as directed, to control insects and disease
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
- Progression to technical or supervisory occupations in landscaping and horticulture is possible with additional training or experience.