1213 Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Library Assistants and Clerks (1451), Correspondence, Publication and Regulatory Clerks (1452) and Survey Interviewers and Statistical Clerks (1454). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- advertising clerks supervisor
- correspondence clerks supervisor
- library clerks supervisor
- publication clerks supervisor
- statistical clerks supervisor
- survey interviewers supervisor
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: conducting surveys and interviews; collecting and compiling statistics; preparing and issuing licenses, passports and other regulatory documents; reshelving books and performing other tasks in libraries; writing correspondence including e-mails and preparing material for translation and publication
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems, monitor services provided by clerks and agents, and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is usually required.