6742 Other service support occupations, n.e.c.
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes other support occupations, not elsewhere classified, primarily concerned with the provision of services. Those in occupations in this unit group are employed by a wide range of establishments, and may be self-employed.
- beauty salon attendant
- car jockey
- cloakroom attendant
- door attendant (except hotel)
- funeral home attendant
- fur storage attendant
- hotel valet
- laundromat attendant
- parking lot attendant
- shoe shiner
- tanning salon attendant
- theatre usher
- ticket taker
- toll booth attendant
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Beauty salon attendants shampoo, condition and dry customers' hair, assist hair stylists as directed and keep work areas clean.
- Door attendants assist persons entering or leaving residential buildings, theatres and similar establishments and may hail taxis and assist with parcels.
- Funeral home attendants drive hearses, arrange lights and floral displays, escort mourners, act as pallbearers and clean funeral parlours and chapels.
- Laundromat attendants replenish vending machines, provide change, explain operation of machines to customers, clean the laundromat and arrange for the repair of broken machines and may wash, dry and fold laundry for customers; may operate dry cleaning machines for customers.
- Parking lot attendants and car jockeys collect parking fees, issue ticket stubs, direct customers to parking spaces and park cars.
- Ticket takers and ushers collect admission tickets or passes from patrons at entertainment events and direct patrons to their seats.
- Other related elemental workers in this group perform services specific to the establishments in which their occupations are found.
- There are no specific education requirements for occupations in this unit group.
- A valid driver's licence is required for some occupations in this unit group, such as funeral attendant and car jockey.