6561 Image, social and other personal consultants
End of Quick search
Lead statementImage, social and other personal consultants advise clients on their personal appearance, speaking style, manners or other behaviours in order to improve personal or business images. They are employed by beauty salons, fashion boutiques, modelling schools, image consulting companies, weight loss centres or they may be self-employed.
- colour consultant, fashion
- etiquette consultant
- fashion and wardrobe consultant
- image consultant
- make-up consultant
- public speaking consultant
- wardrobe consultant
- wedding consultant
- weight loss consultant
The following is a summary of the main duties of some occupations in this unit group:
- Image consultants advise clients on hair colour, hairstyles, make-up, clothing and accessories; may advise on posture, general appearance and manners, and provide courses and seminars on business and social etiquette.
- Make-up consultants advise clients on type, colour and application of make-up.
- Colour consultants advise clients on choice of colours for clothing that will complement their appearance.
- Wedding consultants advise clients on the selection of wedding gowns, floral arrangements, banquet facilities, wedding invitations and other items related to weddings.
- Weight loss consultants administer commercial weight loss programs, advise clients on diet and exercise and provide related support services.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Specialized training courses are available for colour consultants, make-up and skin care consultants, weight loss consultants and most other occupations in this unit group.
- Experience and expertise in fashion, art, modelling or related fields is usually required.