9617 Labourers in food and beverage processing
End of Quick search
Lead statementLabourers in this unit group perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food and beverage processing. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food and beverage processing and packaging plants.
- bottle-washing machine tender – food and beverage processing
- brewery labourer
- candy packer
- dairy helper – food and beverage processing
- food processing labourer
- frozen food packer
- meat packager
- nut sorter – food and beverage processing
- production helper – food and beverage processing
- tobacco processing labourer
Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing perform some or all of the following duties:
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed and unload food, beverage and associated products processing machines
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- There is some mobility among occupations in this unit group.
- Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing may progress to machine or process operating positions with experience.