9615 Labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing
End of Quick search
Lead statementLabourers in this unit group assist machine operators, transport materials and perform similar tasks. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies.
- belt builder helper
- labourer – plastic products manufacturing
- labourer – rubber products manufacturing
- machine offbearer – rubber products manufacturing
- mould cleaner – rubber products manufacturing
- moulded products stripper – rubber and plastic products manufacturing
- roll changer – rubber manufacturing
- spreader operator helper – plastic products manufacturing
Labourers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assist machine operators or assemblers in performing their duties
- Assist in setting up and dismantling machinery and equipment
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Transport materials and tools to and from work areas using hand trucks or other conveyance
- Prepare raw materials for mixing process
- Monitor machines to watch for jammed materials or defective products.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Progression to machine operator or assembler positions in rubber and plastic products manufacturing is possible with experience.