9532 Furniture and fixture assemblers and inspectors
End of Quick search
Lead statementAssemblers in this unit group assemble parts to form subassemblies or complete articles of furniture and fixtures. Inspectors in this unit group inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products to ensure product quality. They are employed by furniture manufacturing companies.
- assembly inspector – furniture manufacturing
- chair assembler
- desk assembler
- fixture assembler
- furniture assembler
- furniture inspector
- metal furniture assembler
- table assembler
- wood furniture assembler
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Furniture and fixture assemblers
- Prepare, sand and trim wooden furniture and fixture parts using hand and power tools
- Assemble wooden or metal furniture and fixture parts to form subassemblies and complete articles using hand and power tools
- Assemble a combination of parts made of wood, metal, plastic, cane or other materials to form subassemblies or complete furniture articles
- Reinforce assembled furniture and fixtures with dowels or other supports
- Install hardware such as hinges or clasps on furniture and fixtures.
Furniture and fixture inspectors
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
- Mark defective parts or products for repair
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Experience as a labourer in the same company may be required.
- Mobility is possible between jobs in this unit group.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.