9435 Paper converting machine operators
End of Quick search
Lead statementPaper converting machine operators operate various machines which fabricate and assemble paper products such as paper bags, containers, boxes, envelopes and similar articles. They are employed by paper products manufacturing companies.
- box maker operator
- carton forming machine operator
- core maker – paper converting
- envelope maker operator
- paper bag machine operator
- paper box machine operator
Paper converting machine operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate machines which cut, fold, glue or clip paper and cardboard to make boxes, corrugated cartons and other articles
- Operate machines which glue paper to cardboard and cut it into required lengths
- Operate machines which press paper to form drinking cups and other containers
- Operate machines which cut, glue and fold paper to make envelopes or paper bags
- Operate other paper converting machines to form products such as paper tubes, cards, paper towels or diapers
- Clean and lubricate machine and perform other routine machine maintenance
- Set up machines.
- Completion of secondary school is required by the pulp and paper industry and other large employers.
- Several weeks of on-the-job training are provided.
- Previous experience as a labourer within the same company may be required.
- There is some mobility between jobs in this occupational group.