9415 Inspectors and testers, mineral and metal processing
End of Quick search
Lead statementInspectors and testers in this unit group inspect, grade, sample or test raw materials and products from mineral ore and metal processing operations. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
- asbestos grader
- brick and tile inspector
- castings tester – primary metal and mineral products processing
- clay products grader
- core tester – foundry
- fibreglass tester
- glass quality control inspector
- heat treating inspector – metal processing
- metal processing inspector
- mineral sampler – mineral products processing
- molten metal sampler – primary metal processing
- salvage glass inspector
- sheet steel inspector – primary metal processing
- steel tester – primary metal processing
Inspectors and testers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect mineral ore, metal, cement, glass, clay or concrete products at various stages of processing to ensure adherence to specifications
- Grade and label raw materials or finished products according to size, thickness, composition or other classification standards
- Take samples of products during or after processing operation for routine analysis or for subsequent laboratory analysis
- Test product for strength, density, durability and conformance to specifications
- Advise supervisor or central control operator and process machine operators of problems and product deficiencies
- Complete inspection and test reports.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a machine or process operator in mineral and metal processing is usually required.