9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes supervisors, not elsewhere classified, who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect a variety of products, such as jewellery, clocks and watches, millwork, sporting goods, toys and other miscellaneous products. They are employed in a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
- bicycle assembly foreman/woman
- clock and watch assembly foreman/woman
- jewellery manufacturing foreman/woman
- millwork assembly foreman/woman
- millwork assembly supervisor
- silverware manufacturing supervisor
- sports equipment assembly supervisor
- toy manufacturing supervisor
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect products, such as jewellery, clocks, watches, bicycles, millwork, sporting goods and toys
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Several years of experience as an assembler or inspector in the same company are usually required.
- There is little mobility between different types of supervisors in this unit group.