9226 Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who fabricate, assemble and inspect mechanical and metal products, such as aircraft and aircraft parts, heavy trucks, buses, trailers, motor vehicle engines, transmissions, heating equipment, commercial refrigeration and similar metal products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
- aircraft assembly foreman/woman
- engine assembly foreman/woman (except aircraft)
- helicopter assembly foreman/woman
- metalworking machine operators foreman/woman
- mobile home assembly foreman/woman
- shipyard painter foreman/woman
- snowmobile assembly supervisor
- truck trailer assembly foreman/woman
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble and inspect products such as aircraft, buses, heavy trucks, transmissions, automobile engines and refrigeration and heating equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education may be required for some occupations in this group.
- Several years of experience as an assembler or inspector in the same company are usually required.
- Aircraft engine assembly and machine fitters' supervisors
7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic tradesAircraft engine assembly and machine fitters' supervisors
7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades)
- Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- Supervisors, electrical products manufacturing
Supervisors, electrical products manufacturing
- Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling
Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling