9221 Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in motor vehicle production departments. They are employed in plants which manufacture automobiles, vans and light trucks.
- area co-ordinator – motor vehicle manufacturing
- assembly foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing
- assembly supervisor – motor vehicle manufacturing
- assembly zone supervisor – motor vehicle manufacturing
- foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing
- general assembly supervisor – motor vehicle manufacturing
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers in motor vehicle manufacturing production departments such as body shop, chassis, paint, trim and hardware and final assembly
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in engineering, sciences, business or other related discipline is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a production worker in motor vehicle manufacturing are required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.