7534 Air transport ramp attendants
End of Quick search
Lead statementAir transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
- aircraft groomer
- airport ramp attendant
- cargo attendant – air transport
- ramp agent – air transport
- ramp attendant – air transport
- station attendant – air transport
Air transport ramp attendants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
- Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
- Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
- Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
- Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
- Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
- Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience operating baggage transporting equipment or warehouse experience may be required.
- A driver's licence and a good driving record are usually required.
- There is mobility among jobs in this unit group.