6551 Customer services representatives - financial institutions
End of Quick search
Lead statementCustomer service representatives in this unit group process customers' financial transactions and provide information on related banking products and services. They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions.
- bank teller
- credit union teller
- financial customer service representative
- foreign exchange teller – financial services
Customer service representatives in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills and credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
- Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts and savings plans and purchasing bonds
- Sell travellers' cheques, foreign currency and money orders
- Answer enquiries and resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts
- Inform customers of available banking products and services to address their needs.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma in business administration may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.