4217 Other religious occupations
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes brothers, nuns, monks, religious education workers and others who provide support to ministers of religion or to a religious community and who perform certain functions associated with the practice of a religion. They may perform these duties in churches, synagogues, temples or other places of worship; in institutions such as schools, hospitals and prisons; or in industrial facilities, corporate enterprises; or they may work in private practice.
- brother/sister – religion
- Christian science practitioner
- pastoral animator
- religious education worker
- Salvation Army field worker
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Assist at services of public worship and religious rites
- Provide religious education, spiritual guidance and moral support to members of a religious community
- Conduct outreach activities and facilitate community involvement
- Administer programs providing food, clothing and shelter
- May plan, organize and lead worship services and church activities for a specific audience.
- Completion of college, university or other program in religious studies may be required, depending on the particular occupation and religion.
- There may be other employment requirements depending on the particular occupation and religion.