1422 Data entry clerks
End of Quick search
Lead statementData entry clerks input coded, statistical, financial and other information into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or optical scanner, speech recognition software or other data entry tools. They are employed in the private and public sectors.
- data control clerk
- data entry operator
- data input clerk
- data processor
- payment entry clerk
Data entry clerks perform some or all of the following duties:
- Receive and register invoices, forms, records and other documents for data capture
- Input data into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or optical scanner, speech recognition software or other data entry tools
- Import and/or export data between different kinds of software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data
- Identify, label and organize electronic storage media
- Maintain libraries of electronic storage media.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- College or other courses in data entry may be required.
- Progression to senior positions is possible with experience.