0015 Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
End of Quick search
Lead statementSenior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service companies not elsewhere classified. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They work in establishments in broadcasting and related media services, wholesale trade, retail trade, accommodation and food service, and other services not elsewhere classified.
- chief executive officer (CEO), travel agency
- chief financial officer (CFO), professional sports club
- corporate controller, restaurant chain
- general manager, cleaning service
- president, department store
- regional vice-president, hotel chain
- vice-president, engineering – television broadcasting services
- vice-president, finance – food wholesaling
- vice-president, marketing – grocery store chain
- vice-president, operations – radio broadcasting services
Senior managers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or other official functions.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in trade, broadcasting or other service are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
- There is mobility among senior management occupations.
ExclusionsRelated middle managers are classified in the following unit and minor groups: