Quick Search - Results
End of Quick search
1122 Professional occupations in business management consultingProfessionals in this unit group provide services to management such as analyzing the structure, operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements. They are employed by management consulting firms and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
- business management consultant
- business methods analyst
- health information management consultant
- ISO consultant
- management analyst
- operations management senior consultant
- organization and methods researcher
- organizational analysis consultant
- organizational analyst
- records management specialist
Management consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Provide guidance and support to businesses on regulatory policies and procedures; ensure internal compliance with regulatory requirements; and prepare submissions and filings with regulatory bodies
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or a related discipline is usually required.
- A graduate degree in business administration may be required.
- Some establishments may require management consultants to be certified by a provincial management consulting association.
- Certification as a quality auditor may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Occupations in health information management consulting may require certification by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
- Progression to senior and managerial positions is possible with experience.