Quick Search - Results
End of Quick search
0821 Managers in agricultureManagers in agriculture plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations and functions of farms. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products. Managers in this unit group usually own and operate their own establishment.
- apple grower
- chicken farmer
- dairy farmer
- domestic animal breeder
- fruit farmer
- hog breeder
- horse breeder
- maple syrup producer
- market gardener
- potato farmer
- seed grower
- sod farmer
- vegetable grower
- vineyard manager
- wheat farmer
Managers in agriculture perform some or all the following duties:
- Manage the overall operations of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry
- Hire and manage farm personnel
- Establish a marketing program
- Develop and keep financial and production records
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Perform farming duties.
- Extensive farming experience, obtained as a farm supervisor or specialized crop or livestock worker or by working on a farm, is usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in agricultural management or other field related to crop or livestock production may be required.