Quick Search - Results
End of Quick search
7219 Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and ServicersThis unit group includes roofing, masonry, painting and other construction trade contractors, not elsewhere classified, who own and operate their own business. Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: Masonry and Plastering Trades (728), Other Construction Trades (729) and Other Installers, Repairers and Servicers (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.
- bricklaying contractor
- cement finishing contractor
- foreman/woman, glaziers
- foreman/woman, insulators
- foreman/woman, plasterers
- painting contractor
- pest control supervisor
- roofing contractor
- supervisor, bicycle repair shop
- supervisor, painters and decorators
- supervisor, tilesetters
Contractors and supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of construction workers engaged in bricklaying, roofing, cement finishing, tilesetting, plastering, drywall installation, glazing, insulating and painting, and workers who install and service prefabricated products in residential and commercial properties, as well as workers who repair a wide variety of products, such as musical instruments, sports equipment, vending machines, bicycles and cameras
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the trade or in the work area supervised are usually required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- There is little or no mobility among supervisors in this unit group.
- Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
- Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades
Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades
- Electrical contractors and supervisors of electricians
7212 Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications OccupationsElectrical contractors and supervisors of electricians
7212 Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations)
- Ironwork contractors and supervisors of ironworkers
7214 Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting TradesIronwork contractors and supervisors of ironworkers
7214 Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting Trades)