2175 Web designers and developers
End of Quick search
Lead statementWeb designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.
- electronic business (e-business) Web site developer
- Internet site designer
- Internet site developer
- Intranet site designer
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Web manager
- Web site developer
Web designers and developers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business
or completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required.
- Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer is usually required.