9213 Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing and packaging machines, and workers who grade food, beverage and associated products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and associated products processing establishments.
- brewer supervisor
- foreman/woman, poultry graders
- HACCP co-ordinator
- packaging supervisor – food and beverage processing
- production supervisor – food and beverage processing
- supervisor, bottling
- supervisor, fish processing
- supervisor, food product testers
- supervisor, meat packing
- supervisor, tobacco processing
- supervisor, vegetable packing
- team supervisor, flour milling
- Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who process, package, test and grade food, beverage and associated products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- HACCP co-ordinators identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in microbiology or chemistry may be required for some positions in this group.
- Several years of experience in the food, beverage or associated products processing industry are required.
- Hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) co-ordinators require HACCP certification and several years of experience in quality assurance of food production.
- Machine operators and related workers in food, beverage and associated products processing
- Managers of food, beverage and associated products processing
09110911 Manufacturing managers)
- Supervisors of meat and fish inspectors
22222222 Agricultural and fish products inspectors)