9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Process Operators (9232), Power Engineers and Power Systems Operators (9241), Water and Waste Treatment Plant Operators (9243), Chemical Plant Machine Operators (9421) and Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities (9613). They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical companies, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, electric power utilities, water and waste treatment utilities and in a range of other industries and institutions.
- chemical processing supervisor
- paint processing foreman/woman
- pipeline operations supervisor
- cosmetics processing foreman/woman
- natural gas plant foreman/woman
- chemical unit foreman/woman
- pharmaceuticals production supervisor
- power station supervisor
- sewage treatment plant supervisor
- specialty chemicals production supervisor
- water purification plant foreman/woman
- petroleum refining supervisor
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Post-secondary education in chemical processing or sciences may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Several years of experience as a senior operator in the same company or plant are usually required.
- Some occupations in this unit group may require a specific licence or certification, such as a power engineer licence, refrigeration certification or wastewater treatment certification.
- Solid waste, landfill or compost facility operator certification may be required.
- There is some mobility between occupations with similar technological or licensing requirements within this group.
- Supervisors of telecommunications workers, power utility electricians and power line workers
72027202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations)