9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in mineral and metal processing and manufacturing. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
- die casting supervisor
- glass cutters supervisor
- blast furnace foreman/woman
- lime preparation foreman/woman
- brick and tile foreman/woman
- coremaking foreman/woman – foundry
- ore milling supervisor
- cement processing supervisor
- roll shop operations coach – steel mill
- steel mill shift co-ordinator
- melting and roasting department supervisor
- lead refining foreman/woman
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in metallurgy, sciences or a related field may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Several years of experience in metal manufacturing or mineral/metal processing environment are usually required.
- Supervisors, mining and quarrying
- Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing