7621 Public works and maintenance labourers
End of Quick search
Lead statementPublic works and maintenance labourers perform a variety of labouring activities to maintain sidewalks, streets, roads and similar areas. They are employed by public works departments in all levels of government or by private contractors under contract to governments.
- helper – garbage collection
- municipal labourer
- parking meter collector
- public works labourer
- road maintenance worker
- sewer maintenance worker
- sidewalk cleaner
- Several weeks of on-the-job training are provided.
- Progression to supervisory positions or to public works maintenance equipment operator positions is possible with experience.
- Construction labourers
76117611 Construction trades helpers and labourers)
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers
- Park maintenance labourers
86128612 Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers)
- Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers
- Railway and motor transport labourers
- Supervisors of public works maintenance labourers and workers
73027302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews)