7612 Other trades helpers and labourers
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes trade helpers and labourers, not elsewhere classified, who assist skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of industrial machinery, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment, in the maintenance and repair of transportation and heavy equipment, in the installation and repair of telecommunication and power cables and in other repair and service work settings. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing, utility and service companies.
- aerial spraying assistant
- aircraft mechanic helper
- cable installer helper
- diesel mechanic helper
- ground worker – telecommunications
- mechanic's helper – automotive
- millwright helper
- refrigeration mechanic helper
- splicer helper – telecommunications
- surveyor helper
- Trade helpers and labourers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas
- Assist in splicing overhead and underground communications and electric power transmission cables
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing industrial machinery and equipment
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing elevators
- Assist in repairing and maintaining stationary electric power generating and distribution equipment
- Assist in mechanical, electrical and body repairs of aircraft, railway cars, automobiles, trucks, buses, heavy equipment and motorcycles
- Assist in repairing electrical appliances, small engines or other similar equipment
- Mix fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides and load mixture into airplane for aerial spraying
- Assist in land surveying activities, such as holding or moving stakes and rods, clearing brush and debris from line of survey and transporting surveying tools to work area
- Perform other labouring and elemental tasks as required.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- There is little or no mobility between occupations in this unit group.
- Construction trades helpers and labourers