7535 Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers
End of Quick search
Lead statementWorkers in this group install replacement automotive mechanical parts such as mufflers, exhaust pipes, shock absorbers, springs and radiators and perform routine maintenance service such as oil changes, lubrication and tire repairs on automobiles, trucks and heavy equipment. They are employed by automobile and truck service and repair shops, service departments of industrial establishments and construction, mining and logging companies.
- shock absorber installer
- spring installer
- tire repairer
- muffler installer
- radiator installer – auto repair service
- crane greaser
- heavy equipment servicer
- Some secondary school may be required.
- Several months of on-the-job training are usually required.
- There is some mobility among installers and servicers in this unit group.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- Supervisors of workers in this unit group
73017301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades)