7513 Taxi and limousine drivers and chauffeurs
End of Quick search
Lead statementTaxi and limousine drivers drive automobiles and limousines to transport passengers. Chauffeurs drive automobiles and limousines to transport personnel and visitors of businesses, government or other organizations or members of private households. Taxi and limousine drivers are employed by taxi and other transportation service companies, or they may be self-employed. Chauffeurs are employed by businesses, government and other organizations, or private individuals or families.
- private chauffeur
- company chauffeur
- taxi driver
- airport limousine driver
- limousine driver
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- A minimum of one year of safe driving experience is usually required.
- A Class G driver's licence is required in Ontario, and a Class 4 driver's licence is required in all other provinces and the territories.
- Taxi and limousine drivers require good knowledge of the geographical area to be covered and may have to pass written street/building location and safety examinations.
- Taxi drivers usually require a municipal permit.
- First aid certification may be required.
- Mobility from taxi or limousine driver to chauffeur is possible with experience.
- Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
- Taxi dispatchers