7512 Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes workers who drive buses and operate streetcars, subway trains and light rail transit vehicles to transport passengers on established routes. Bus drivers are employed by urban transit systems, school boards or transportation authorities and private transportation companies. Streetcar, subway and light rail transit operators are employed by urban transit systems.
- bus driver
- subway train operator
- sightseeing tour driver
- public passenger transit driver
- school bus driver
- light rail transit operator
- bus operator
- transit operator – transportation
- streetcar operator
- motor coach driver
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Up to three months of on-the-job training, including classroom instruction, is usually provided for all occupations in this unit group.
- A minimum of one year of safe driving experience is required.
- Bus drivers require a Class B, C, E or F driver's licence in Ontario, and a Class 2 driver's licence is required in all other provinces and the territories.
- An air brakes endorsement and first aid certificate may be required.
- Experience as a public transit bus driver is usually required for subway and light rail transit operators.
- Progression to transit supervisory positions, inspector or training instructor positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors and inspectors of bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
73057305 Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators)