7441 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
End of Quick search
Lead statementWorkers in this unit group install and service a wide variety of interior and exterior prefabricated products such as windows, doors, electrical appliances, water heaters, fences, play structures and septic and irrigation systems at residential, commercial or institutional properties. They are employed by companies specializing in specific product installation and service.
- aluminum window installer
- eavestrough installer
- electric appliance installer
- exterior cladder
- fence erector
- hot tub installer
- irrigation technician – installation and maintenance
- kitchen cupboard and vanity installer
- recreation structure erector
- siding installer
- sign installer
- swimming pool installer
- water conditioner servicer
- water heater servicer
- window installer
- Installers and servicers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Read blueprints or work order specifications to determine layout and installation procedures
- Measure and mark guidelines to be used for installations
- Install, repair and service interior prefabricated products such as doors, windows, kitchen cupboards, bathroom vanities, water heaters and household appliances using hand and power tools
- Install, repair and service exterior prefabricated products such as siding, shutters, awnings, fencing, decks, septic and irrigation systems, signs and play structures using hand and power tools.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- On-the-job training and several months of related installing, repairing or servicing experience are usually required.
- A driver's licence may be required.
- There is some mobility among the various types of installers and servicers in this unit group.
- Appliance servicers and repairers
- Central air conditioner installers
73137313 Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics)
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- Supervisors of workers in this unit group
72057205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)