7362 Railway conductors and brakemen/women
End of Quick search
Lead statementRailway conductors co-ordinate and supervise the activities of passenger and freight train crew members. Brakemen check train brakes and other systems and equipment prior to train run, and assist railway conductors in activities en route. They are employed by railway transport companies.
- passenger train conductor
- freight train conductor
- front-end brakeman/woman
- road freight brakeman/woman
- tail-end brakeman/woman
- railway conductor
- conductor – switching yard
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a brakeman/woman is required for conductors.
- Experience as a railway worker is usually required for brakemen/women.
- Railway conductors require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
- Brakemen/women require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
- With experience, brakemen/women may progress to railway conductors.
- With experience, railway conductors may progress to locomotive engineers.
- Railway and yard locomotive engineers
- Supervisors, railway transport operations