7361 Railway and yard locomotive engineers
End of Quick search
Lead statementRailway locomotive engineers operate railway locomotives to transport passengers and freight. They are employed by railway transport companies. Yard locomotive engineers operate locomotives within yards of railway, industrial or other establishments. They are employed by railway transport companies and industrial or commercial users of rail transport.
- locomotive engineer – railway
- yard engineer – railway
- switch engineer – railway
- transfer hostler – railway
- railway engineer
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a conductor is required for railway locomotive engineers and may be required for yard locomotive engineers.
- Experience as a railway yard worker may be required for yard locomotive engineers.
- Railway locomotive engineers require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
- Mobility between railway transport companies or between establishments employing locomotive engineers may be limited due to seniority provisions of collective agreements.
- Subway and light rail transit operators
75127512 Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators)
- Supervisors, railway transport operations
- Train dispatchers
22752275 Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators)