7335 Other small engine and small equipment repairers
End of Quick search
Lead statementWorkers in this unit group test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered engines and equipment, such as garden tractors, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
- small equipment repairer
- gasoline powered lawn mower repairer
- air-cooled engine mechanic
- lawn and garden equipment technician
- small equipment mechanic apprentice
- small engine technician
- Completion of secondary school and training courses or a vocational program is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program in small engine or equipment repair
or A combination of several years of work experience and high school or college courses in small engine or equipment repair are usually required for trade certification.
- Small engine or equipment mechanic trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario and Nunavut.
- Inboard/outboard mechanic trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Outdoor power equipment technician trade certification, for specified types of equipment, is available, but voluntary, in Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Appliance servicers and repairers
- Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics
- Supervisors of small engine and equipment mechanics
73017301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades)