7322 Motor vehicle body repairers
End of Quick search
Lead statementMotor vehicle body repairers repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass. They are employed by automobile dealerships, automobile body repair shops and automobile appraisal centres. This unit group also includes metal repairers who repair defective automobile body parts and damage to the bodies of newly assembled cars. They are employed by motor vehicle manufacturers.
- metal repairer – motor vehicle manufacturing
- automotive body mechanic
- autobody repairer
- motor vehicle body repairer apprentice
- automotive glass technician
- automotive painter – motor vehicle repair
- automotive painter apprentice
- motor vehicle body technician – truck
- painter – motor vehicle repair
- metal finisher – motor vehicle manufacturing
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- With experience, motor vehicle body repair and automotive painter tradespersons may progress to supervisory positions.
- Metal repairers employed in motor vehicle manufacturing may progress to motor vehicle repairer positions through an apprenticeship program, or, with experience, they may progress to supervisory positions in motor vehicle manufacturing.
- Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers
- Painters – motor vehicle manufacturing
95369536 Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators)
- Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling
- Supervisors of motor vehicle body repairers and automotive painters
73017301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades)