7303 Supervisors, printing and related occupations
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders, process film, print text and illustrations on paper, metal and other material, and bind and finish printed products. They are employed by companies that specialize in commercial printing or one of its components, such as binding or colour reproduction, in combined printing and publishing companies, such as newspapers and magazines, and in various establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
- photographic and film processing foreman/woman
- bindery supervisor – printing
- prepress supervisor – printing
- finishing supervisor – printing
- bindery foreman/woman – printing
- film processing supervisor
- composing room supervisor – printing
- platemaking supervisor – printing
- pressroom supervisor – printing
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program in graphic arts technology may be required.
- Several years of experience in the work area supervised is usually required.
- Provincial trade certification may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Progression to management positions, such as department, production or plant manager, is possible with experience.
- Printing plant managers
09110911 Manufacturing managers)
- Supervisors of desktop publishing operators
12111211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers)