7295 Floor covering installers
End of Quick search
Lead statementFloor covering installers install carpet, wood, linoleum, vinyl and other resilient floor coverings in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. They are employed by construction companies, floor-covering contractors and carpet outlets, or they may be self-employed.
- hardwood floor layer
- floor covering installer apprentice
- floor covering mechanic
- residential floor and wall covering installer
- vinyl floor installer
- resilient floor installer
- carpet layer
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program
or Over four years of work experience in the trade and some courses in floor covering installation are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for floor covering installers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified floor covering installers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors of floor covering installers
72057205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)