End of Quick search
Lead statementGlaziers cut, fit, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on exterior walls of buildings and other structures and in furniture and other products. They are employed by construction glass installation contractors, retail service and repair shops and glass fabrication shops, or they may be self-employed.
- glazier and metal mechanic
- plate glass installer
- structural glass glazier
- glazier apprentice
- stained glass glazier
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program
or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in glazing is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for glaziers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified glaziers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Glass forming and finishing machine operators and glass cutters
- Supervisors of glaziers
72057205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)