End of Quick search
Lead statementCabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products. They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- furniture cabinetmaker
- cabinetmaker apprentice
- custom wood furniture maker
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program
or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school or college courses in cabinetmaking is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified cabinetmakers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors of cabinetmakers
72047204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades)
- Woodworking machine operators