7253 Gas fitters
End of Quick search
Lead statementGas fitters install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators and heating units in residential, commercial and industrial establishments. They are employed by gas utility companies and gas servicing companies.
- industrial gas fitter-tester
- gas servicer
- gas fitter
- gas technician
- gas fitter apprentice
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- or three-year gas fitter apprenticeship program
or Several years of work experience in a pipefitting trade and completion of a high school, college or industry gas fitter program are required.
- Gas fitter trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- A provincial gas fitter licence is usually required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Appliance servicers and repairers
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- Supervisors of gas fitters
72037203 Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades)