7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes roofing, masonry, painting and other construction trade contractors, not elsewhere classified, who own and operate their own business. Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: Masonry and Plastering Trades (728), Other Construction Trades (729) and Other Installers, Repairers and Servicers (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.
- bricklaying contractor
- cement finishing contractor
- painting contractor
- roofing contractor
- pest control supervisor
- insulators foreman/woman
- painters and decorators supervisor
- tilesetters supervisor
- plasterer foreman/woman
- glaziers foreman/woman
- bicycle repair shop supervisor
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the trade or in the work area supervised are usually required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- There is little or no mobility among supervisors in this unit group.
- Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
- Electrical contractors and supervisors of electricians
72027202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations)
- Ironwork contractors and supervisors of ironworkers
72017201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations)