7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes carpentry and cabinetmaking trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Carpenters (7271) and Cabinetmakers (7272). They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, maintenance departments of industrial establishments, and custom furniture and fixture manufacturing or repair companies.
- cabinetmaking contractor
- carpentry contractor
- foreman/woman, finish carpenters
- foreman/woman, form builders
- foreman/woman, framers
- foreman/woman, maintenance carpenters
- supervisor, carpenters
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a qualified carpenter or cabinetmaker are required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification as a carpenter or cabinetmaker is usually required.
- There is some mobility among jobs within a specific trade; however, there is little or no intertrade mobility.
- Construction managers
- Home building and renovation managers
- Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing