6623 Other sales related occupations
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes workers who sell goods or services during home demonstrations or by telephone soliciting, retail exhibitions or street vending. They are employed by a wide range of retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturers, telemarketing companies and call centres, or they may be self-employed.
- canvasser – retail
- demonstrator – retail
- direct distributor – retail
- telephone solicitor
- home demonstrator – retail
- street vendor
- door-to-door salesperson
- Some secondary school education is usually required. A high school diploma may be required by some employers.
- Self-employed street vendors and door-to-door salespersons may require a municipal merchant's permit.
- Progression to related supervisory positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Kiosk sales clerks
64216421 Retail salespersons)
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Retail sales supervisors