6524 Ground and water transport ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks
End of Quick search
Lead statementGround and water transport ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks, quote fares and rates, make reservations, issue tickets, process cargo shipments, check baggage and perform other related customer service duties to assist travellers. They are employed by bus and railway companies, freight forwarding and shipping companies, boat cruise operators and other public transit establishments and by travel wholesalers.
- counter service agent – railway
- ticket agent (except airline)
- railway reservations clerk
- cargo customer service representative – railway
- bus ticket agent
- reservations clerk – cruise line
- railway passenger agent
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Up to 10 weeks of training may be provided.
- Ticket agents and cargo service representatives may perform the same duties depending on the size and location of the operations.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible through experience.
- Airline ticket and service agents
- Supervisors of ticket and cargo agents and related clerks in this unit group
63136313 Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors)
- Travel counsellors