6523 Airline ticket and service agents
End of Quick search
Lead statementAirline ticket and service agents issue tickets, provide fare quotations, make reservations, conduct passenger check-in, trace missing baggage, arrange for cargo shipments and perform other related customer service duties to assist airline passengers. Airline ticket and service agents are employed by airline companies.
- airline cargo agent
- airline baggage agent
- client service representative – airline
- counter services agent – airline
- baggage tracer – airline
- airline ticket agent
- customer service agent – airline
- airline load planner
- airline passenger agent
- airline reservation agent
- station agent – airline
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several weeks of on-the-job and classroom training are provided for all occupations in this unit group.
- Airline station agents usually require experience as a ticket, baggage or cargo agent.
- Load planners require a restricted radio operator's licence and usually require airline operations experience.
- Depending on the size of the airline or airport, the duties of workers in this unit group may overlap.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Ground and water transport ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks
- Supervisors of airline sales and service agents
63136313 Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors)
- Travel counsellors
- Airline cargo and baggage loaders
67216721 Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services)