6411 Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade (non-technical)
End of Quick search
Lead statementSales representatives, wholesale trade (non-technical), sell non-technical goods and services to retail, wholesale, commercial, industrial, professional and other clients domestically and internationally. They are employed by establishments that produce or provide goods and services such as petroleum companies, food, beverage and tobacco producers, clothing manufacturers, motor vehicles and parts manufacturers, hotels, business services firms, and transportation companies. Auctioneers are included in this unit group. Sales representatives, wholesale trade who are supervisors are also included in this unit group.
- transfer company agent
- food products sales representative
- oil distributor
- freight sales agent
- graphic design sales representative
- wholesale trade representatives supervisor
- liquor sales representative
- magazine sales representative
- security services sales consultant
- advertising time sales representative
- hotel accommodations sales executive
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or completion of a college or other program may be required.
- Experience in sales or in an occupation related to the product or service is usually required.
- Fluency in a foreign language and/or foreign country work or travel experience may be required for sales representatives seeking employment with companies that import or export goods or services.
- Supervisors and senior sales representatives require experience.
- Voluntary certification is available from the Canadian Professional Sales Association.
- Progression to sales management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Retail salespersons
- Royalties managers
05120512 Managers - publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts)
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade