6346 Funeral directors and embalmers
End of Quick search
Lead statementFuneral directors co-ordinate and arrange all aspects of funeral services. Embalmers prepare the remains of deceased persons for public visitation and burial. Funeral directors and embalmers are employed by funeral homes.
- funeral director
- apprentice embalmer
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program and a twelve- to twenty-month practical apprenticeship program during or following the educational program is usually required for funeral directors.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program and a twelve- to twenty-month practical apprenticeship program during or following the educational program
or Completion of a three-year college program is required for embalmers.
- Funeral directors require licensure in most provinces and territories.
- Funeral directors may be required to be licensed embalmers depending on provincial requirements.
- Embalmers require licensure in all provinces.
- Bereavement counsellors
41534153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors)
- Funeral home attendants
67426742 Other service support occupations, n.e.c.)
- Funeral service general managers
00150015 Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.)